Thursday, October 31, 2013

Candy, Candy, Candy !

This project was one of my favorites, if anything it was so must easier and relaxing than the bike drawing. In this project we were told to draw a jar of candy and the candy around the jar. At first I put too much thought into this project and my frustration started to compel me but once I gathered myself I started to free hand the jar which was extremely simple.

After I drew the jar I took a shot into drawing the candy that surrounded the jar which wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and after that I drew the candy inside. When it was time to color I was extremely timid because the paper we were drawing/coloring on was a paper we created with water color and whatever we wanted to create. My paper was blue and purple, so I was stuck debating how this will turn out with all the colors. As I started shading my colors that I chose blended extremely well with the color in the background so everything turned out very well. To make the candy inside the jar look as if it was actually inside the jar I took the white colored pencil and lightly shaded the jar and all the candies inside of it to make it look like they were behind a glass.

I was very please with how my art work turned out and I was surprised at my abilities to tackle this project down and have it come out actually good...or well in my eyes. I've learned not to judge myself before I even try the project out because this wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and it came out so well and I can actually say I am proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment